Director of Marketing and Communication
The Director of Marketing and Communication is a full-time, salaried position. Coordinates all marketing, communications, publications, media, social media and events for the organization. In coordination with the Executive Vice President, develops and implements an annual marketing plan designed to attract and inspire existing and future donors, reach a broad base of diverse constituents, and maximize the visibility of the foundation’s work.
A bachelor’s degree is required; journalism, communications, or marketing preferred.
This position requires at least 5 years’ experience directly related to marketing, communications, publications, media, social media, and events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior writing skills required; extensive successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media; interviewing and storytelling experience a plus
- Significant experience creating and implementing targeted social media strategies; experience using social media analytics to track performance toward goals
- Eye for design and experience with graphic design software (such as InDesign and Photoshop), digital photography and website platforms
- Experience planning and implementing events
- Experience with media relations and purchasing advertising
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience producing brochures, annual reports, invitations, press releases and electronic communications
- Experience with the management of websites
- Collaborative, flexible team player
- Detail-oriented and passionate about quality
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel on business
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting compensation for this position will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance coverage, group life insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Kristin Rogers at the Capital Region Community Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org