Thinking of starting a fund?
Together we’re going to change lives! Really. Give through our Community Foundation and you might feed a family, protect and preserve a watershed or help people on their path to sobriety.
Yes, that kind of change is possible.
There are several fund types from which to choose. You may donate to an existing fund or establish your own, named fund with a donation of $10,000 or more, depending on the type of fund.
Our fund types:
- Named, undesignated funds enable you and the foundation to respond to our community’s needs. Funds such as the Community Foundation’s Leadership Fund provide you the option to make a meaningful investment in our community.
- Field-of-interest funds allow you to concentrate your giving on a particular issue or geographic area — such as ending hunger, protecting the environment or improving education. You direct your giving to the nonprofits addressing your concerns.
- Donor-advised funds eliminate the need for a private foundation. You focus on giving to nonprofits of your choosing; we take care of the paperwork.
- Named-scholarship funds can benefit individuals attending specific institutions or those with particular backgrounds or interests. You may also set guidelines for candidate selection and scholarship awards.
- Designated funds support your charitable organizations of choice.
- Agency endowment funds are set up by nonprofits to grow their assets and, in so doing, provide permanent sources of revenue for those organizations.
We’ll work with your professional advisor
A community foundation is a single, trusted vehicle you can use to address issues that matter to you, while gaining the maximum tax benefit under state and federal law. We augment your professional advisor’s services, offering personalized attention, local expertise and community-wide reach.