Why start a fund? We're glad you asked.
You could have major impact in an area important to you. You could ensure your favorite nonprofit enjoys financial security for years to come. You could improve health care, combat homelessness, improve education.
In short, you could make monumental change for someone.
Our Community Foundation is working with people just like you every day to change lives, to better our community. Join us.
Types of funds
We offer donors a variety of funds from which to choose. And we’ll work with you, and your professional advisor, to create a personalized plan that reflects your wishes. Take a look at what we offer:
- Undesignated funds enable the Community Foundation to respond to the ever-changing needs of our community. They provide the maximum flexibility to meet future challenges. Through an open application process, grant committees and our board determine how to best use the income earned on the fund to benefit our community.
- Donor-advised funds are named funds from which donors recommend charitable disbursements to the board.
- Designated funds are earmarked for a specific charitable organization or organizations to be assisted by a gift. The board ensures the grants made from a designated fund are used as the donor intends in perpetuity.
- Field-of-interest funds support broad fields, such as arts and culture, community development, health and human services, education or scholarships. The donor chooses the field of interest for which their fund will be used, while the board decides the specific organization or program that will receive the support.
- Agency funds are set up by tax-exempt organizations to benefit their exempt purpose.
10 advantages to working with our Community Foundation
- You receive the maximum tax advantage under federal law for most gifts.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and ensure your personal legacy.
- You work with a local organization deeply rooted in its community and committed to leading the community toward positive change.
- We’ll work with your professional advisor to create a personalized giving plan for you.
- You have our professional staff, experts in the field of philanthropy, at your service.
- You invest in causes you care about.
- We accept a variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving for you.
- We tailor our services to your charitable and financial interests.
- We’re like you: individuals deeply rooted in our community who want to see it prosper.