Types of funds at our Community Foundation
As investment opportunities go, this one is sure win!
The many types of funds available to you through our Community Foundation enable you to give your way -- according to your wants and needs. On your timetable. And regardless of what type of fund you choose, you have our assurance that you'll make a big difference in your community.
You may donate to an existing fund or establish your own, named fund with a donation of $10,000 or more, depending on the type of fund.
Consider fund types:
- Named, undesignated funds enable you and the foundation to respond to our community’s needs. Funds such as the Community Foundation’s Leadership Fund provide you the option to make a meaningful investment in our community.
- Field-of-interest funds allow you to concentrate your giving on a particular issue or geographic area – such as ending hunger, protecting the environment or improving education. You direct your giving to the nonprofits addressing your concerns.
- Donor-advised funds eliminate the need for a private foundation. You focus on giving to nonprofits of your choosing; we take care of the paperwork.
- Named-scholarship funds can benefit individuals attending specific institutions or those with particular backgrounds or interests. You may also set guidelines for candidate selection and scholarship awards.
- Designated funds support your charitable organizations of choice.
- Agency endowment funds are set up by nonprofits to grow their assets and, in so doing, provide permanent sources of revenue for those organizations.