$25,000 YAC Impact Grant Guidelines
YAC Impact Grant Timeline
- December 8, 2017: YAC impact grant application available
- February 1, 2018: YAC impact grant application due
- March 12, 2018: Grant decisions made
YAC Impact Grant Forms
Since it began in 1992, the Community Foundation's Youth Action Committee (YAC) has awarded over $900,000 in grant dollars to 180 youth serving non-profits in Ingham, Eaton and Clinton counties. To celebrate their 25 years of commitment to Service, Philanthropy, and Leadership, YAC will award a one-time Impact Grant of up to $25,000 to a qualified, youth serving non-profit in the tri-counties.
The YAC Impact Grant will focus on assisting tri-county youth, ages 12-18. Applications will be reviewed by YAC and preference will be given to proposals that meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Impact: Significantly increases the long-term impact of the project or program and the youth it serves, not simply for ongoing operations.
- Innovation: Originality, a new project or program, a new approach to addressing an issue faced by teens, etc.
- Inclusion: Involves area teens in each phase of the grant process - planning, proposal writing, implementation.
- Sustainability: A comprehensive plan to continue the project or program after initial funding.
- Collaboration: Two or more nonprofits working together to create transformative change.
Additionally, YAC values projects that promote inclusiveness and that do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE YAC IMPACT GRANT AN ORGANIZATION MUST BE:
- A public or non-profit private school, or a registered student organization within the school with the school acting as fiscal agent in Ingham, Eaton or Clinton County
- A non-profit charitable organization serving tri-county youth which has a current 501(c) (3) designation by the IRS
- A governmental entity serving tri-county youth
THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION GENERALLY WILL NOT FUND:
While the Community Foundation remains flexible in trying to meet community needs, the following are areas which will not be considered for funding through the application process at this time:
- Sectarian or religious programs
- International organizations
- Endowment funds
- Annual meetings
- Routine operating expenses (existing programming and administration)
- Existing obligations, debts or expenses incurred before committee reviews proposal
If you are interested in submitting an Impact Grant request to YAC, the application is available December 8th. Applications and supporting documents must be hand delivered or postmarked by 5:00pm February 1, 2018. If you have any questions please contact Heather Carrigan, Program Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!