Director of Community Investment
The Director of Community Investment is a full-time, salaried position. Oversees and provides leadership for the organization’s grantmaking programs. Serves as a professional, enthusiastic ambassador for the foundation. Develops and nurtures relationships with grantees and provides assistance to them in building organizational capacity. Assists donor advised fundholders with grantmaking. Supervises and supports the Community Investment Officer. Organizes and coordinates the Community Investment Committee.
Bachelor's degree in a field supportive to this position
This position requires at least 5 years nonprofit experience at a management level. Grantmaking experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data and present findings in a clear, concise and professional manner
● Supervisory experience; exemplifies qualities of a leader
● Well organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
● Excellent writing skills; ability to speak clearly and professionally to individuals and groups
● Excellent judgment and high ethical standards
● Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
● Collaborative, flexible team player
● Strong commitment to customer service
● Proficiency and comfort utilizing a database, social media and other technology
● Proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Passion for philanthropy and building community support
● A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel on business
Compensation and Benefits
Starting compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, disability and retirement plan.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Kristin Rogers at the Capital Region Community Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org