Up to $40,000.
Capacity Building Grants help an organization increase its sustainability and effectiveness by strengthening management systems and governance structures. Examples include board development, long-range planning, fundraising, staff training, governance issues, etc.
There will be no preliminary application, just one application with one primary question: “What is the problem you need to solve in your organization?” Our capacity building team will work in partnership with you to co-create solutions.
CAPACITY BUILDING GRANT TIMELINE
Dec 1, 2019 - grant application available on our eGrant system
Feb 3, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. - grant application deadline
Feb-April 2020 - The Community Foundation's capacity building team will work with each applicant to discuss and co-create potential solutions.
Late April 2020 - final grant decisions made, and awards become available on a reimbursement basis.
- Eligible organizations must have at least one paid staff and an annual operating budget of at least $100,000.
- Special consideration will be given to grant applicants that invest some of their own funds (or funds from an alternate source) toward capacity-building efforts.
- These grants are made to support capacity building efforts that increase a nonprofit's sustainability and effectiveness by strengthening management systems and governance.
Projects that may be eligible for Capacity Building grants include:
- Fund development education and planning
- Diversification of revenue streams
- Board and/ or staff training and development
- Additional staffing to strengthen management systems (must provide a detailed plan for financial sustainability of new staffing)
- Organizational assessment and evaluation of overall effectiveness
- Organizational restructuring and mergers
- Strategic planning (must include substantial attention to capacity building)
- Strategic marketing plans (not marketing materials)
- Strategic IT system improvements (not general IT upgrades and maintenance that should be included in the organization’s operating budget)
CAPACITY BUILDING GRANT FORMS
Capacity Building online grant application (Opens December 1, 2019)
SAMPLE Capacity Building 2020 Grant Application (coming soon)
Request for Payment form (Fillable PDF)
Evaluation Form (Fillable PDF)
Instructions for using a Fillable PDF:
1. Open the template and SAVE IT before you begin filling in the form.
2. Complete the form, SAVE IT again with your answers.
3. Submit by email HERE
or print the finished form and return to the Foundation.