Capacity-Building Grants up to $40,000.
2019 capacity-building grants are available only to capacity building partners who were funded in 2017 and/or 2018.
Capacity Building Grant Timeline
December 1, 2018: Preliminary application available.
February 4, 2019, 5:00 p.m.: Preliminary application due
March 18, 2019: Preliminary Applicants receive either a denial or an invitation to submit a full application and supplemental documents.
April 12, 2019: Full grant application due
May 10, 2019: Grant decisions made
Capacity Building Grant Forms
Projects that may be eligible for Capacity Building grants include:
- Fund development education and planning
- Diversification of revenue streams
- Board training and development
- Staff training and development
- Additional staffing to strengthen management systems (must provide a detailed plan for financial sustainability of new staffing)
- Organizational assessment and evaluation of overall effectiveness
- Strategic planning (must include substantial attention to capacity building)
- Strategic marketing plans (not marketing materials)
- Strategic IT system improvements (not general IT upgrades and maintenance that should be included in the organization’s operating budget)
- Here is the list of pre-approved consultants.
Non-Profit Network (5 consultants)
Cathy Adcock, Accounting
Pence Consulting (Carole Pence)
Capitol Fundraising Associates (Rebecca Bahar-Cook)