Projects that may be eligible for Capacity Building grants include:
- Fund development education and planning
- Diversification of revenue streams
- Board training and development
- Staff training and development
- Additional staffing to strengthen management systems (must provide a detailed plan for financial sustainability of new staffing)
- Organizational assessment and evaluation of overall effectiveness
- Strategic planning
- Strategic marketing plans (not marketing materials)
- Strategic IT system improvements (not general IT upgrades and maintenance that should be included in the organization’s operating budget)
NOTE: Eligible organizations must have at least one paid staff and an annual operating budget of at least $100,000.
Special consideration will be given to grant applicants that invest some of its own funds (or funds from an alternate source) toward capacity building costs.