COVID-19 Nonprofit Support Fund
The Community Foundation has created the COVID-19 Nonprofit Support Fund to assist nonprofits that are struggling financially due to the pandemic. All donations to this fund will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Community Foundation, up to $1 million.
- Currently, our priority is to support 501(c)(3) nonprofits whose mission is to provide direct human services in any of the following areas: food, shelter, medical and mental health care, and homeless support. However, any organization meeting the eligibility requirements below will also be considered.
- Organizations must predominantly serve the residents of Ingham, Eaton, or Clinton counties.
- Your organization must have federal tax-exempt status under IRS code 501(c)3.
- If your organization meets State requirements, you must have a Michigan Charitable Solicitation license.
- Organization must be operating with “significant” programming/services or have a detailed plan to reactivate programming within the next 30 days.
- Your application must show need directly due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- The fund supports staffing costs, technology, and other equipment needs that allow nonprofits to continue providing services or to meet increased demand due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Funding priorities may shift over time to meet the region’s changing needs. When that happens, other organizations considered for support will be nonprofits with deep roots in the community and a strong track record of community support.
- To be responsive to urgent needs in the community, grants and loans will be made in waves, potentially monthly.
To discuss your eligibility for this fund, contact Cindy Hales, Director of Community Investment at email@example.com or Laurie Baumer, Executive Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.