Changing Young Lives
Establish a scholarship with us and inspire young people while investing in your community's future.
Higher education is one of the surest paths to opportunity. Unfortunately, many people who could benefit the most from a college education are least able to afford it. Work with the Community Foundation and make college a bit more affordable while creating a lasting legacy in your name or the name of a loved one.
The benefits of establishing a scholarship:
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- You establish the selection criteria when you set up a fund.
- Scholarships can be awarded to graduating high school seniors or current college students.
- Recipients live in the foundation's geographic service area of Ingham, Eaton and Clinton counties.
- We take care of all the paperwork.
Of course, the true benefit is in helping deserving students. We can help you find them and handle all administrative details, including working with schools to set up a committee to review the applicants. And you can get as hands-on as you wish in the selection process. Or, sit back and watch the impact of your gift.
Contact us to establish your scholarship today.
The Community Foundation holds many scholarship funds, administered directly by local high schools. Contact your high school for details about available scholarship opportunities.
Want some tips about scholarship applications? Visit our Scholarship FAQ page!
Are you a legal dependent of an Auto-Owners associate? You may be eligible to apply for The Richard & Lorayne Otto Scholarship.