Impact Grants range from $10,000 to $75,000.
TIMELINE: The Impact Grant Preliminary Application period is approximately December 1 – February 1. This may vary slightly from year to year. A volunteer grant committee reviews the preliminary applications. Those which meet our criteria will be invited in March to submit a full grant application for funding consideration by committee in late June, with notification of grantees and availability of funds in early July. Funds must be requested within one year of grant approval date.
A. Impact grantees are not eligible for funding in consecutive years.
B. All Impact Grants must fulfill or leverage a 1:1 cash match.
C. Projects must predominantly benefit residents of Ingham, Clinton or Eaton counties in Michigan.
D. To apply for Impact funding, projects must meet at least one of the following Impact Criteria:
- Significantly increase the long-term impact of an organization or program, not to provide cash assistance for ongoing operations. Operating expenses are defined as routine expenses in an organization’s operating budget, including expenses related to existing, ongoing programming, occupancy, administration, etc. Our committee will not provide grants that simply fill a gap in a nonprofit’s operating budget. For example: Impact grants will not purchase food for a pantry, but our committee may consider purchasing equipment that would allow a food pantry to stock healthier fresh food options.
- Significantly increase the organization’s ability to reach underserved populations, not to simply serve more people. For example: Impact grants will not be made to support additional people utilizing an existing program, but our committee may choose to fund some costs of starting a satellite program to serve people in a different area of town. To qualify, the need for expanded services must be substantiated along with a detailed sustainability plan for long-term increased services.
- Enable two or more nonprofits to work collaboratively to create transformative and sustainable community change. For example, two organizations serving the same constituents may implement a new or expanded program together that would otherwise be impossible without collaboration.
Regarding Capital Campaigns: We will consider leadership gifts at the beginning of capital campaigns to help leverage other giving. Please contact us for more information.
FORMS for IMPACT GRANTS
Instructions for using a Fillable PDF:
1. Open the template and SAVE IT before you begin filling in the form.
2. Complete the form, SAVE IT again with your answers.
3. Submit by email HERE or print the finished form and return to the Foundation.
SAMPLE Impact Grant Application
Impact Grant Budget Worksheet