Youth Action Committee (YAC) Grants
The Community Foundation’s Youth Action Committee consists of teens age 14-18, serving in one of three YAC branch areas: Charlotte, St, Johns and Greater Lansing. Using survey tools, YAC members conduct a Needs Assessment of youth in their local community. Local nonprofit organizations that address the issues identified in the survey will be personally invited to apply for a Youth Grant.
TIMELINE: Youth Action Committee members invite agencies to apply in January and February. Grant decisions are made during March and April, with notification of grantees and availability of funds in May. Funds must be requested within one year of grant approval date.
Organizations eligible for grants must be one of the following:
- A public or non-profit private school, or a registered student organization within the school, in Ingham, Eaton or Clinton Co.
- A non-profit charitable organization serving tri-county youth, or a governmental entity serving tri-county youth
- Priority will be given to proposals that address the specific youth and teen issues identified in the youth Needs Assessment survey.
- Special consideration will be given to proposals that involve area teens in each phase of the project/program (planning, grant writing and implementation)
- Special consideration will be given to proposals that will use the grant to generate the greatest amount of activity (by involving volunteers or by attracting additional funding for the project from other sources.)
- If you would like to discuss a grant idea, verify qualification of your proposal or organization, or if you have any questions, please contact Tracy Russman, Community Investment Associate.
YAC Grant Forms
Instructions for using a Fillable PDF:
1. Open the template and SAVE IT before you begin filling in the form.
2. Complete the form, SAVE IT again with your answers.
3. Submit by email HERE or print the finished form and return to the Foundation.