Youth Action Committee (YAC) Grants
By Invitation Only. The Community Foundation’s Youth Action Committee consists of teens age 14-18, serving in one of three YAC branch areas: Charlotte, St, Johns and Greater Lansing. Using survey tools, YAC members assess the needs of youth in their local community. Local nonprofit organizations that address the issues identified in the survey will be personally invited to apply for a Youth Grant.
TIMELINE: Youth Action Committee members invite agencies to apply in January and February. Grant decisions are made during March and April, with notification of grantees and availability of funds in May. Funds must be requested within one year of grant approval date.
Organizations eligible for grants must be one of the following: (In Ingham, Eaton or Clinton counties only)
- A public or non-profit private school
- A registered student organization within the school
- A non-profit charitable organization serving tri-county youth
- A governmental entity serving tri-county youth
The Youth Action Committee is especially interested in proposals that:
- Address the issues identified in the youth Needs Assessment survey
- Involve area teens in each phase of the project/program (planning, grant writing and implementation)
If you would like to discuss a grant idea, verify qualification of your proposal or organization, or if you have any questions, please contact Tracy Russman, Community Investment Associate.
YAC Grant Forms
Instructions for using a Fillable PDF:
1. Open the template and SAVE IT before you begin filling in the form.
2. Complete the form, SAVE IT again with your answers.
3. Submit by email HERE or print the finished form and return to the Foundation.