Agency Endowments at the Community Foundation
Why create an agency endowment fund?
When a nonprofit organization establishes an endowment with us, the agency is taking a big step toward financial sustainability. Earnings and appreciation from the fund create a source of perpetual support the agency can count on, year after year.
We handle all the administrative details, including investment management and tax receipting. You'll receive regular status statements on the fund (and donors may add to your fund at any time). You're in good hands; we manage more than 100 agency endowments for local nonprofits.
Why choose the Community Foundation?
- Low minimum investment of $10,000 to open your fund.
- Because your fund is pooled with hundreds of other funds at the foundation, your organization benefits from a diverse investment portfolio with outstanding returns and low investment fees that typically come only with very large funds.
- Like "for-profit" investment companies, we charge a small fee to manage your fund. But unlike for-profit investment companies, the fee you pay the Community Foundation gets REINVESTED into YOUR community.
- Your fund is truly endowed -- permanent and protected forever. This is important to donors who want their investment to be their legacy, and who want sustainable income for your organization.
- We are trusted and well-respected throughout the region, bringing credibility to your organization and your fund.
- Our professional staff can help you grow your fund by promoting it to your donors, foundation donors and professional advisors in the community who trust us.
Why donate to an agency endowment fund?
Donors can rest assured that their own cash gifts, bequests and other planned gifts to the agency's endowment are protected by the Foundation, helping to ensure the organization lasts for generations to come.
No gift transaction is too complex. We also offer charitable gift annuities that benefit your fund.